Food & Nutrition
- 12,000 children in 26 Sri Lankan refugee camps & 13 slums have reduced malnourishment and increased their BMI over 50%
- 100 children living with HIV are able to increase their CD4 count by 20%
- Nursing mothers and pregnant women are able to give birth to and bring up bonny babies.
- Peer learning through cookery competitions for mothers brings out talent and enhances knowledge about nutrition.
- 5000 children enjoy Lebara Libraries and parks per year
- Tuition centers in the slums of Chennai, Trichy and Nagercoil help over 1000 children to score 40% more marks in their examinations<
- Training & Career guidance programmes help students select a career where they can excel
- Deserving children are supported for completion of higher studies
- 100 children and 900 adults in Bihar saw the world for the first time through eye surgeries for removal of cataract
- 15,000 children screened in health camps and 283 children supported for follow up treatment
- 3000 children treated in leading paediatric oncology institutions such as All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi, Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai and Cancer Institute, Chennai
- 50 children living with HIV supported with shelter, education and health insurance
- Through Kingston University Student Outreach Programme children learn language, art & computer skills and students in turn understand their culture, lifestyle and socio- economic background
- Lebara Village aims to support 2000 vulnerable and underprivileged children with their right to education and health
- The infrastructure is being developed for a school of international standards and state-of-art hospital at a project cost of £10 Million.